Computer science cooperative study program: test new technologies
Are you familiar with almost every individual component in your computer? Do you know what HTML, Java, XML or PHP is? Perhaps you already have some programming experience? This degree program will teach you a great deal more.
Course of the practical section
These are important milestones in your practical training:
- at our training workshop in Graben-Neudorf plant you will acquire your electrical engineering know-how.
- Multi-day seminars on the topics such as communication, autonomy and development opportunities also prepare you for the challenges in professional life.
- You expand your knowledge in comprehensive training courses that cover our products as well the topics of IT, programming, project management and business studies.
- In our various electronics development departments you develop PC programs and user interfaces and find out how to work with data management systems.
- You will become familiar with the IT department with system and application support.
- You also expand your knowledge of web technologies, such as the Internet, Intranet and e-business applications.
If you want to study computer science with at SEW-EURODRIVE you can choose between two different courses: Bachelor of Science - Applied Computer Science and Bachelor of Engineering - Information Technology. We would be happy to help you make your choice.
If you receive good results in the theoretical and practical parts you can complete an internship abroad in one of our international subsidiaries or a multi-week visit to our sales offices in Germany.
On the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University webpages you will find general description of the study programs as well as detailed information on the individual modules of our study model.
Your tasks at SEW-EURODRIVE
Electrical engineering needs are increasingly being met using software solutions. As an up-and-coming computer scientist, you start working on independent software projects in the area of electronics development during your study program. For example, you learn how to use the development tool Visual Studio .Net and become more proficient in programming languages C# and C++.
Moreover, you will become familiar with communication technology, PLC technology and client-server concepts. The everyday activities in our IT department involve a wide range of tasks that are assigned to computer science students: you support the administration of the server infrastructure and test as well as commission new technologies (such as VOIP, UMTS). It also includes the establishment of networks and the installation of VPN connections to our international subsidiaries.
What happens after the study program
After successfully completing your study program you will predominantly work in the SEW-EURODRIVE electronics department. This diverse work area provides a wide variety of activities:
- you may be asked to manage the frequency inverter data or programming tasks for the user interfaces or communication technology.
- Manage networks and client-server structures or administer corporate databases and operating systems.
- As a Web Specialist, take responsibility for the e-business applications for our sales department and our customers.
- Or work in the IT department as a specialist for basic SAP components.
Regardless of which area you decide on, we place a great deal of importance on technical and personal development. We also support you in obtaining your Master's qualification if this is required for your desired career and this fits in with your performances.
What you need to start the computer science cooperative study program
We require a general university entrance qualification for a cooperative study program. But, for the Cooperative State University study program you also have the opportunity to study at the Cooperative State University with a qualification to attend a university of applied sciences. To do so, you will need very good results in the study capability test at the DHBW as well as having completed your professional training in the desired subject with very good grades.
A specific cut-off is not required to study with us – but your results should still be fairly good overall. At the end of the day the cooperative study program is very compact and demanding. That's why we also expect at least a double-digit score in mathematics, physics and computer science, if applicable.
It is particularly important to us that your personal skills fit the training and us as a company. Grades are not the only factor based on which we grant our study places, rather they secure your ticket to the interview. Do you take responsibility and always give your best? Do you think beyond your immediate tasks and take responsibility for errors? Maybe you have already demonstrated these characteristics in school and leisure activities? Then your chances of studying with us are quite high.
What you will earn
The training stipend is clearly regulated. SEW-EURODRIVE pays its trainees the following salary based on the collective agreement with the Nordwürttemberg/Nordbaden metal and electrical industry:
- First year of study: EUR 1,173.50
- Second year of study: EUR 1,258.80
- Third year of study: EUR 1,433.80
Would you like to find out more about the electrical engineering cooperative study program from first-hand accounts? Then read what Dominik Vogt has to say!