Mechatronics cooperative study program: insights into drive technology
Do technical relationships fascinate you? Are you interested in the interfaces between mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science? Then this could be the right study program for you.
Course of the practical section
These are important milestones in your practical training:
- at our training workshop in the Graben-Neudorf plant you will learn the basics of metal processing, pneumatics and electrical and electronic components.
(Cooperative State University study program). In StudiumPLUS we also teach you all the skills you need for the chamber of commerce and industry specialist worker's examination in the field of mechatronics.
- Multi-day seminars on the topics such as communication, autonomy and development opportunities also prepare you for the challenges in professional life.
- You expand your knowledge in comprehensive training courses that cover our products as well the topics of IT, programming, project management and business studies.
- You are directly involved in development projects for motors, gear units and electronics in the development departments.
- You learn about sales in the PreSales (product management, application support, marketing), Sales (internal and external, export) and AfterSales (service) areas.
- You receive an insight into the production, assembly and quality assurance areas.
If you receive good results in the theoretical and practical parts you can complete an internship abroad in one of our international subsidiaries or a multi-week visit to our sales offices in Germany.
On the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University and Karlsruhe University websites you will find general descriptions of the study programs as well as detailed information on the individual modules of our study model.
Your tasks at SEW-EURODRIVE
During your mechatronics study program you learn about various components of our drive technology. The development departments teach you about all the tools and applications required for development and design, such as computer-aided design systems (CAD) or inverter programming. In Technical Sales you will learn how to plan complex systems for customers and work in a team with development engineers on current innovation projects.
What happens after the study program
After successfully concluding your study program, as a specialist in drive technology, you will predominantly be needed in Sales and in the Development departments.
We have a range of tasks for mechatronics engineers as a result of their broad training. This and more awaits:
- as an engineer you will work on servomotors or sensors in the mechatronics development area.
- As a product engineer, you will consult with customers and sales colleagues on complex applications and plan entire systems in sales and application technology.
- In quality assurance you will independently design and implement inspection and test procedures to optimize our product quality.
Regardless of the area you decide on: we place a great deal of importance on technical and personal development. We also support you in obtaining your Master's qualification if this is required for your desired career and this fits in with your performances.
What you need to start the mechatronics cooperative study program
We require a general university entrance qualification for a cooperative study program. But, for the Cooperative State University study program you also have the opportunity to study at the Cooperative State University with a qualification to attend a university of applied sciences. To do so, you will need very good results in the study capability test at the DHBW as well as having completed your professional training in the desired subject with very good grades.
A specific cut-off is not required to study with us – but your results should still be fairly good overall. At the end of the day the cooperative study program is very compact and demanding. That's why we also expect at least a double-digit score in mathematics and physics/technology.
It is particularly important to us that your personal skills fit the training and us as a company. Grades are not the only factor based on which we grant our study places, rather they secure your ticket to the interview. Do you take responsibility and always give your best? Do you think beyond your immediate tasks and take responsibility for errors? Maybe you have already demonstrated these characteristics in school and leisure activities? Then your chances of studying with us are quite high.
What you will earn
The training stipend is clearly regulated. SEW-EURODRIVE pays its trainees the following salary based on the collective agreement with the Nordwürttemberg/Nordbaden metal and electrical industry: