Mechanical engineering cooperative study program: insights into quality assurance
Did you sit up and take notice during “mechanics” topics in physics class? Or do you have a passion for machines and want to know how they work? Then this study program will suit you perfectly.
Course of the practical section
These are important milestones in your practical training:
- at our training workshop in the Graben-Neudorf plant you will learn about the basics of metal processing and pneumatics (Cooperative State University study program). In StudiumPLUS we also teach you all the skills you need for the chamber of commerce and industry specialist worker's examination in the field of industrial mechanics.
- Multi-day seminars on the topics such as communication, autonomy and development opportunities also prepare you for the challenges in professional life.
- You expand your knowledge in comprehensive training courses that cover our products as well the topics of IT, programming, project management and business studies.
- In the production and assembly areas you gain an insight into the various production processes and assembly procedures as well as into quality assurance.
- In the gear unit development and motor development departments you work together with engineers on continuing to improve the functionalities of our gear units and motors.
- You learn about sales in the PreSales (product management, application support, marketing), Sales (internal and external, export) and AfterSales (service) areas in order to test your tendencies and skills when dealing with customers.
If you receive good results in the theoretical and practical parts you can complete an internship abroad in one of our international subsidiaries or a multi-week visit to our sales offices in Germany.
On the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University and Karlsruhe University websites you will find general descriptions of the study programs as well as detailed information on the individual modules of our study model.
Your tasks at SEW-EURODRIVE
At the start of your study program we teach you the basics of mechanics as well as how to work with computer-aided design systems (CAD). This ensures that you are quickly in a position to independently work on smaller projects in various design departments. In the production and logistics areas you optimize the production processes or design and implement devices required to assemble our drives. In sales, for example, you find out about the skills and knowledge that are required to design a drive for a specific customer application.
What happens after the study program
Mechanical engineers can be assigned to a wide range of areas thanks to their broad-based training, for example:
- as an engineer, you work on developing motors and gear units, product maintenance or product innovation in the development area.
- As a product or application specialist you consult with customers and sales colleagues on motors, gear units and complex applications and provide drive estimates for complete systems.
- In quality assurance you independently design inspection and test procedures to optimize our product quality, while in the production and assembly area you are responsible for planning manufacturing processes for our products.
Regardless of the area you decide on: we place a great deal of importance on technical and personal development. We also support you in obtaining your Master's qualification if this is required for your desired career and this fits in with your performances.
What you need to start the mechanical engineering cooperative study program
We require a general university entrance qualification for a cooperative study program. But, for the Cooperative State University study program you also have the opportunity to study at the Cooperative State University with a qualification to attend a university of applied sciences. To do so, you will need very good results in the study capability test at the DHBW as well as having completed your professional training in the desired subject with very good grades.
A specific cut-off is not required to study with us – but your results should still be fairly good overall. At the end of the day the cooperative study program is very compact and demanding. That's why we also expect at least a double-digit score in mathematics and physics/technology.
It is particularly important to us that your personal skills fit the training and us as a company. Grades are not the only factor based on which we grant our study places, rather they secure your ticket to the interview. Do you take responsibility and always give your best? Do you think beyond your immediate tasks and take responsibility for errors? Maybe you have already demonstrated these characteristics in school and leisure activities? Then your chances of studying with us are quite high.
What you will earn
The training stipend is clearly regulated. SEW-EURODRIVE pays its trainees the following salary based on the collective agreement with the Nordwürttemberg/Nordbaden metal and electrical industry: