Electrical engineering cooperative study program: work on independent hardware projects
Are you fascinated by electrical devices and systems? Perhaps you have already experimented with programming or electronic components? This study program will teach you a great deal more.
Course of the practical section
These are important milestones in your practical training:
- our training workshop in the Graben-Neudorf plant teaches you about electrical and electronic components as well as the basics of metal processing.
(Cooperative State University study program).In StudiumPLUS we also teach you all the skills you need for the chamber of commerce and industry specialist worker's examination in the field of electronics.
- Multi-day seminars on the topics such as communication, autonomy and development opportunities also prepare you for the challenges in professional life.
- You expand your knowledge in comprehensive training courses that cover our products as well the topics of IT, programming, project management and business studies.
- You are directly involved in development projects for motors, electronics and software in the development departments.
- You learn about sales in the PreSales (product management, application support, marketing), Sales (internal and external, export) and AfterSales (service) areas in order to test your tendencies and skills when dealing with customers.
- In the electronics production area you will find out about our cutting edge production technologies and processes.
If you receive good results in the theoretical and practical parts you can complete an internship abroad in one of our international subsidiaries or a multi-week visit to our sales offices in Germany.
On the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University and Hochschule Karlsruhe – University of Applied Sciences websites you will find general descriptions of the study programs as well as detailed information on the individual modules of our study model.
Your tasks at SEW-EURODRIVE
In the electronics development department you start working on smaller hardware and software projects independently, even during your basic studies. You will quickly become familiar with modern programming languages such as .NET or C++ and also expand your knowledge in energy technology, metrology, sensor technology/actuators and control technology.
What happens after the study program
Electrical engineers can be assigned to a wide range of areas at SEW-EURODRIVE thanks to their broad-based training, for example:
- as an engineer, you will work on the developing motors, electronics and software in the development department.
- As a product specialist, you will consult with customers and sales colleagues on complex applications and plan entire systems.
- In quality assurance you will independently design inspection and test procedures to optimize our product quality.
Regardless of the area you decide on: we place a great deal of importance on technical and personal development. We also support you in obtaining your Master's qualification if this is required for your desired career and this fits in with your performances.
What you need to start the electrical engineering cooperative study program
We require a general university entrance qualification for a cooperative study program. But, for the Cooperative State University study program you also have the opportunity to study at the Cooperative State University with a qualification to attend a university of applied sciences. To do so, you will need very good results in the study capability test at the DHBW as well as having completed your professional training in the desired subject with very good grades.
A specific cut-off is not required to study with us – but your results should still be fairly good overall. At the end of the day the cooperative study program is very compact and demanding. That's why we also expect at least a double-digit score in mathematics and physics/technology.
It is particularly important to us that your personal skills fit the training and us as a company. Grades are not the only factor based on which we grant our study places, rather they secure your ticket to the interview. Do you take responsibility and always give your best? Do you think beyond your immediate tasks and take responsibility for errors? Maybe you have already demonstrated these characteristics in school and leisure activities? Then your chances of studying with us are quite high.