Oil seals are used to seal rotating shafts and to both protect the gear unit against dirt from outside and to protect the production environment from leaking lubricant. The oil seals must be able to withstand variable speeds, the pressure inside the gear unit, various temperature requirements and a range of other conditions.
Sealing solutions for gearmotors
Oil seals in today's production systems are subject to increasingly challenging conditions and requirements. Our gear units, and therefore the sealing systems, are used in machines that run at variable speeds or at continuous duty and therefore cause the temperatures in the drive system to fluctuate. The pressure inside the gear unit also varies according to the capacity utilization.
We employ special sealing systems to protect your system against leaking lubricant, to protect our gear units against outside dirt, and to protect the motor against oil expelled from the gear unit.
In addition to conventional oil seals, we now offer a completely NEW, optional sealing ring that was developed specially for us: the Premium Sine Seal. This oil seal was developed for the input motor shaft in gearmotors in collaboration with Freudenberg Sealing Technologies.
The advantage of the new Premium Sine Seal is that its sinusoidal sealing lip exhibits substantially increased durability, and during servicing the new oil seal can be placed in the same location on the shaft because the Premium Sine Seal does not cause any run-in on the shaft. The special shape of the sealing lip means that the contact area on the rotating shaft is larger, which improves both heat dissipation and the transfer of lubricant at the sealing surface.
Your benefits at a glance
Wear reducedon the sealing lip by about 50%
Expected service life longerby a factor of 2 (compared to other systems on the market), which means longer maintenance intervals
No run-inor wear on the shaft – replacement oil seals can be installed at the same location
Improved reliabilityagainst leakage with increased system availability
Configure your individual product
- Detailed information about your individual product
- CAD data and documentation for your configuration
Premium Sine Seal
- Protects the motor against oil (input side)
- Protects the gear unit interior (no leaks)
- Generates less heat at the sealing lip
- Expected service life of about 20 000 h
- No grease required
Areas of application
- Packaging machines
- Food and beverage industry
- Wood processing
- Baggage handling systems in airports
- Automotive production
- Transport and logistics
- Handling and robotics
- And many more
The new Premium Sine Seal is available as an option for our CMP.. synchronous servomotors as also for our DR.., DRN/DR2S.. und DAS.. asynchronous motors.
It can be combined with:
- Helical gear units of the R series
- Parallel-shaft helical gear units of the F series
- Helical-bevel gear units of the K series
- Helical-worm gear units of the S series
- Right-angle gear units of the W series
- Planetary servo gear units of the PS.F series
- Helical-bevel servo gear units of the BS.F series
The Premium Sine Seal oil seal can also be ordered as an option for our MOVIGEAR® mechatronic drive units.