Adding precision and safety to your system with explosion-proof servomotors; ATEX-compliant motors can be used in environments with explosive air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to category 3.
Safe motors for applications in potentially explosive atmospheres: ATEX-compliant servomotors
Implement our servo drive technology in potentially explosive areas! Precision, dynamics and performance in a particularly compact design. Potentially explosive environments are no problem with our servomotors.
Choose the right ATEX-compliant servomotor from a range of 6 sizes, CMP.. 40 to 100. Torque range from 0.5 Nm up to 47Nm standstill torque. Safe design and additional protective measures meet requirements according to EU Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX). They are also available with different protection types depending on the atmosphere, i.e. gas or dust.
In terms of their safety requirements, the servomotors comply with equipment group II. In simple terms: You can use these category 3 explosion-proof motors in gas zone 2 or dust zone 22.
Only half the solution without a gear unit? Then use our modular system and combine an explosion-proof servomotor with an explosion-proof gear unit of your choice. You can choose a helical-bevel servo gear unit, planetary servo gear unit, helical gear unit, parallel-shaft helical gear unit, helical-worm gear unit, helical-bevel gear unit or a SPIROPLAN® gear unit.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts know your industry and its requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are close wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the know-how and tools to provide you with optimum advice and support.
Flexible useYou can reliably operate our explosion-proof motors in both hazard zones, in gas or dust atmospheres.
Highest dynamic characteristicsthrough state-of-art winding and magnet technology - across the entire speed range as a matter of course.
Tailor-made drive solutionsrealized by directly mounting the motor to explosion-proof gear units from our proven modular gear unit system.
As a system operator, special guidelines apply for areas with explosive air/gas or air/dust mixtures. We naturally observe these guidelines when newly developing or improving explosion-proof drive technology. Put your trust in our many years of experience and expertise!
Explosion-proof servomotors of the CMP.. series
- Compliant with Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), equipment group II, equipment category 3
- Category II 3GD, for use in zones 2 / 22
- Category II 3D, for use in zone 22
- Also available with brake and Hiperface® encoder (with electronic nameplate) in Category 3D
Protection types and IP degrees of protection
- Dust atmosphere: Protection type “t”
- means: Unit protection against dust explosion through enclosures according to EN 60079-0 and -31
- Gas atmosphere: Protection type “nA”
- means: Protection according to EN 60079-0 and -15
- through non-sparking constructive measures and design requirements as for protection type “e”; the difference being that only uninterrupted operation (no error) is considered.
- Dust atmosphere: Degree of protection IP65
- means: dust-tight housing according to EN 60079-31
- dust is unable to enter the motor thanks to its housing design
- permanent monitoring of the surface temperature, so as to exclude it as an ignition source
Explosion-proof CMP.. servomotors / compliant with EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
|Category||Ex marking||Product features||Options||Speed class|
|II3D,||II3D Ex tc IIIC T150°C X** Dc||- ATEX motor characteristics (thermal + dynamic)
- Overload factor 3 x lo
- Grounding screw
- ATEX operating instructions
- No forced cooling fan
|II3GD||II3G Ex nA IIC T3 X** Gc
II3D Ex tc IIIC T150°C X** Dc
Areas of application
Applications in potentially explosive atmospheres with air/gas or air/dust mixtures according to directive 94/9/EC (ATEX), or as of April 20, 2016 of the EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX).
e.g. agitators, mixers, paint shops, robots
- in the automotive industry
- in the food and beverage industry
- in intralogistics
- in the timber, construction and construction materials industry
- in the chemicals/pharmaceuticals industry
- in special applications, e.g. in biogas systems