MOVIMOT® flexible offers you a great deal of freedom when it comes to lean production automation. This field distributor takes automation from the central control cabinet into the field – exactly where you need to automate your drive technology.
Field distributor for mounting the inverter away from the motor
We have based the further development of our decentralized product portfolio on our MOVI‑C® modular automation system. The new MOVIMOT ® flexible field distributor enables the decentralized inverter to be installed close to the motor in your system. With MOVIMOT® flexible, it's up to you whether you opt for a synchronous or asynchronous motor.
MOVIMOT® flexible is now available in two versions . Unlike the MMF1. variant, the MMF3. can be equipped with additional options such as a load disconnector (with or without integrated line protection), an M12 engineering interface or keypad mounting. A key switch with feedback contact can also be integrated.
The current configuration of the decentralized inverter (size 1) can supply nominal output currents of 2.0, 2.5 and 3.2 A as well as 4.0 and 5.5 A for 0.55 – 3.0 kW performance classes (depending on motor type). Additional performance classes are in the pipeline.
Digital motor integration means you need just one single cable to connect MOVIMOT® flexible to the drive. The intelligent, digital connection using a standardized hybrid cable enables you to supply power and also transmit data between the field distributor and motor. As long as the motor is equipped with the MOVILINK® DDI digital data interface, electronic nameplate information and brake/diagnostic data are transmitted directly to the field distributor for easy startup.
Ask us for advice
- Our experts are familiar with your industry and requirements
- Our global network ensures we are close at hand wherever and whenever you need us
- We have the expertise and tools to provide you with the best possible support and advice
ConsistencyThe uniform MOVI-C® portfolio makes it very easy to decide between control cabinet and decentralized installation.
Modular diversityYou can use the MOVIMOT® flexible field distributor to control any type of motor.
Simple installationDigital motor integration and a single-cable solution make life easy.
Wide range of optionsThe perfect solution for every requirement.
Reduced supply infrastructureAn overload capacity of up to 300% of IN.
- Motor types
- Can be combined with synchronous/asynchronous drives (with/without encoder) from SEW‑EURODRIVE and third-party motors
- Control modes
- V/f: highly robust for asynchronous motors without encoders
- VFCPLUS : extremely versatile for asynchronous motors with and without encoders
- CFC: highly dynamic for asynchronous and synchronous motors with encoders
- ELSM® : highly efficient for synchronous motors without encoders
- Overload capacity
- Up to 300%
- Prevents oversizing in static operation
- Reduces installed size of necessary supply infrastructure
- Integrated overload protection device
- Control variants
- DFC – Direct Fieldbus Control (PROFINET, EtherNet/IPTM , Modbus TCP, POWERLINK)
- DSI – Direct System Bus Control (EtherCAT® / SBusPLUS )
- DBC – Direct Binary Communication
- DAC – Direct AS Interface Communication
- MOVILINK® DDI digital motor integration
- High-performance digital data connection using just one standardized hybrid cable for data connection and power supply between DDI interface and inverter:
- /DI features an integrated DDI interface for connecting the temperature sensor
- /CO features data connection using a coaxial cable with DDI interface on the motor (motor temperature, motor encoder signal, electronic nameplate)
- DynaStop® option
- DynaStop® electrodynamic retarding function (/DSP)
- Brake control option
- Integrated HV brake control for 120 V, 230 V and 400 V
- Third-party brake control
- In preparation: 24 V brake control
- CE (Europe)
- UkrSEPRO (Ukraine)
- RMC (Australia)
- EAC (Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan)
- In preparation:
- UL approval (USA and Canada)
- Energy efficiency
- Increased energy efficiency due to integrated standby operation and flux optimization
- MMF1.: 4 – 4.5 kg*
- MMF3.: 5 – 5.5 kg*
- * Depending on inverter's drive electronics
- Degree of protection
- IP65 to EN 60529
- Ambient temperature
- -25 °C to +60 °C (reduction in performance from 40 °C)
MOVIMOT® flexible field distributor
|Size*||Size 1||Size 1E||Size 1||Size 1E|
|Nominal output current A||2 – 3.2||4 – 5.5||2 – 3.2||4 – 5.5|
|Nominal power kW**1||0.55 – 1.1||1.5 – 2.2||0.55 – 1.1||1.5 – 2.2|
|Connection voltage V||3 × AC 380 V – 500 V|
* Others in preparation (up to 16 A / 7.5 kW)
**1 In conjunction with asynchronous motors
- Integrated STO (Safe Torque Off) safety function to IEC 61800-5-2
- Safety Integrity Level 3 to EN 61800-5-2:2017 and EN 61508:2010
- PL e to EN ISO 13849-1:2015
- In preparation: FSoE and CIP Safety
Areas of application
From dynamic materials handling technology with speed-controlled axes all the way through to positioning tasks
- Horizontal and vertical intralogistics conveyor systems such as airport carousels and parcel logistics
- Food and beverage industry
- Automotive industry
Tobias Nittel, product manager for decentralized drive technology at SEW‑EURODRIVE:
"The MOVI‑C® modular automation system gives customers the option to implement their application both with inverters in a control cabinet and with drive electronics that are either located close to the motor or integrated into it. What's more, they can do so without noticing any differences in terms of project planning, handling and performance. An essential part of the platform is the digital motor integration. This supports automatic drive train startup and also ensures that various sensor signals can be transmitted from the motor to the electronics without requiring any additional installation work."