Conveyor systems are an integral component of virtually all industrial production and logistics processes. This makes it all the more important for future electronics and automation specialists to learn about the function of such system technology. This requires teaching aids that bring the complex theory behind this technology to life in a realistic and comprehensible manner. Our conveyor line didactics module is tailored to meet these exact requirements.
With the conveyor line didactics module, you learn about a wide range of sensor technologies based on a conveyor application
The conveyor line didactics model features a modular design and enables practical learning on industry-standard components. You are thus quickly able to apply a wide range of sensor technology and drives before performing the necessary startup. Using a higher-level controller, you can monitor – and thus control – the products on the conveyor belt using various queries.
As well as a rotary encoder, you can also make use of position detection. Products can thus be placed on the conveyor belt with utmost precision. The light grid is able to detect different heights. In addition, it can inform the controller whether a package can continue or whether it is too large or small. The light barriers (one-way and two-way) at the ends of the conveyor line prevent packages from being transported too far and stop the drive.
With the aid of a distance meter, the system ensures that all packages are always equidistant from each other. The didactics module also includes an RFID (radio-frequency identification) read head: It detects which package is passing and what it contains, with perfect accuracy. The read head then returns this information to the controller via PROFINET® (unique product assignment with read/write head).
All in all, this ingenious and compact didactics module provides a fun and effective means of learning about the structure and function of a production line.
It is also possible to expand the teaching unit with additional conveyor lines.
We will be happy to advise you on your needs
- With our extensive experience in education and training
- On-site with our didactics specialists
- With the optimum teaching aid and modules
Gain practical experienceWith the tried-and-tested motors and the visibly installed electrical equipment, such as sensors and encoders
Acquire future-proof qualificationsBased on multiple integrated technology functions and application modules, which provide practical experience of plant automation
Learn without riskThanks to live components that are protected against contact as well as visually and physically separated power and control signals
Components and technical data
- Customer-specific expansion stages possible, e.g., of the sensors
- Easy and safe handling
- Optional attachment of a direct distance encoder
- Optional sensor technology: inductive proximity switch
- Position detection
- RFID write and read head for product identification and light barrier for product height detection
- Distance measurement
- Belt conveyor
- Alternative motor mounting:
- AC asynchronous motor (type WA10DT56L4)
- Synchronous servomotor (type WA10CMP40M)
Practical laboratory tutorials
- Startup of various drives with gear units on the grid or with frequency inverters
- Configuration of a wide range of sensor technology via PROFINET and directly on the conveyor line
- Functional test and querying of the sensor technology using a higher-level controller
- Programming of the application can be controlled directly
- Creation of a production line with multiple conveyor lines as well as querying, control and transport of products with a wide range of sensor technology
Areas of application
The didactics system can be used both in specialist colleges and in industrial/technical training. It is particularly suitable for the training of
- Electronics specialists (MT, EBT, EMA, EAT, EGS)
- Master automation technicians
- Master electrical engineers
- Master mechatronics technicians