Be it in materials handling technology or in pumps, fans or agitators: Helical gear units are classic components in the field of drive technology. That is why our didactics program for gear unit technology comprises kits based on real helical gear units.
Targeted learning on an industrial gear unit
Due to the increasing number of technologies employed in practice, there is ever greater pressure on future specialists to rapidly acquire extensive expertise in the field of mechanical drive technology. With this in mind, we have created our didactics program for gear unit technology.
The "helical gear unit R57FAD2" didactics kit is based on our R series of standard gear units and is designed specifically as a teaching aid for professional training. This also applies to the relevant accessory components and spare parts. The kit is clearly arranged in two robust plastic cases, which can also be stacked on top of one another.
This teaching aid is designed for education and further training, for example, in vocational schools, technical and specialist colleges, universities and company training establishments. This simple yet practical module allows future specialists to learn how a helical gear unit is structured and how it transmits forces:
- It facilitates understanding of the machine elements
- The theory behind the gear unit is presented in a practical manner, thus making it more easily understandable
- The assembly or disassembly of the gear units can be easily repeated without the need for expensive pressing tools
Perfectly prepared for increasing technical demands
As a means of torque and speed transmission, gear units are an essential component of electric and mechatronic drive units. One important aspect in this regard is the change in direction of rotation. For this reason, specialists require extensive knowledge of the structure and configuration of the various components of a gear unit – ranging from project planning to implementation and maintenance.
Trends such as energy efficiency represent new challenges, but also offer opportunities for higher qualification. With our didactics modules for gear unit technology and our long-standing expertise, teachers and instructors will be well equipped to cover these topics of the future.
Alternative design as base cabinet
Compared to the case system, the base cabinet version offers the following benefits:
- The kit now fits under workbenches
- It features lockable drawers for components and tools
- It provides a separate work surface / workspace
- The edge protection prevents shafts from rolling off
We will be happy to advise you on your needs
- With our extensive experience in education and training
- On-site with our didactics specialists
- With the optimum teaching aid and modules
Long service lifeSince all components are protected against corrosion with high-quality coatings and are partially also available in stainless steel
Simple handlingThanks to the straightforward assembly and disassembly of the gear units with the aid of standard tools
Quick preparationThanks to clear presentation of all components, tools, and accessories, as well as the supplied quick start guide
Easy expansionSince all necessary tools and accessories are available at short notice
Gear unit parts
Small gear unit parts set:
- Spacer tubes
- Retaining rings
- Closing caps
- Breather valve
Gearing components, rolling bearings, shaft set:
- Rolling bearing
- Gear wheels
- Pinion shafts
Handwheel, cover, shaft set:
- Joining tool
- Output shaft
- Gear unit cover with gasket
- Assembly sleeve
Housing, adapter, flange set:
- Gear unit housing
- Output flange
- Motor adapter
Characteristics and technical data
- Near-series design, gear unit designation: R57FAD2
- Gear ratio i = 16.79 (2-stage) and i = 26.97 (3-stage)
- The gear unit is equipped with an input shaft assembly
- Assembly and disassembly can be performed with standard industrial tools
- Thanks to a revised fit, no removal or pressing tools are required for assembly
- Components such as gear wheels, pinion shafts, and deep groove ball bearings are protected against corrosion
- Integrated in a robust plastic case of the type TANOS (T-Loc)
- The basic dimensions of the case correspond to Euro pallet standard, thus enabling stacking
- The gear unit module is intended solely for educational use
Practical laboratory tutorials
- Determination of gear ratio and torques for a gear unit with fixed speed
- Interplay of the machine elements in a gear unit (shaft-hub connection)
- Preventative maintenance work according to parts list or individual components
- Assembly-oriented construction
- Safe use of suitable assembly tools and aids
Accessories and spare part packages
Using the correct tools ensures safe assembly and disassembly of your gear unit kits.
Further information available on request
Take it easy: With this dolly, you will have no problem moving and handling the large gear unit kit cases. Why not order it at the same time?
Further information available on request
Spare part packages
Comprehensive spare part packages are available for your gear unit technology didactics modules.
Further information on request.
Helical gear unit cut-away model
Bring your theory to life. Our cut-away model shows how the internal components of a helical gear unit interact and how a gear unit works.
By means of a handwheel on the cut-away models, we aim to demonstrate the interplay between different gearing as well as the resulting flow of forces (linear power flow of helical gear unit) and gear ratios.
Every cut-away model features a nameplate showing the most important data, which can be used to perform calculations, such as of gear ratios and speeds.
As an option, the cut-away models can be securely stored in TANOS (T-Loc) case systems.
The gear unit modules have been designed solely for educational use.
Areas of application
The kit and helical gear unit cut-away model are suitable for use in education and further training at
- Vocational schools
- Technical schools
- Specialist schools
- Company training establishments