From belt conveyors to hoists, scissor lift tables to storage/retrieval systems: Whenever angled transmission of motion and forces is required, helical-bevel gear units are the ideal solution. We therefore only use industrial helical-bevel gear units in our didactics kit in order to provide hands-on, practical training.
Learning with high practical relevance based on industrial gear units
Just as the quantity of employed technologies is increasing in practice, the requirements of specialist training are also rising. In-depth, comprehensive understanding of mechanical drive technology must be acquired at ever greater speed. We have tackled this requirement in the form of our practical didactics program for gear unit technology.
The "helical-bevel gear unit” didactics kit with the K47AD2 is based on our tried-and-tested K series of standard gear units and is ideal for all training of employees working with metal as well as mechatronics technicians. This also applies to the relevant accessory components and spare parts. Through repeated assembly and disassembly, this simple yet practical module allows future specialists to learn how a helical-bevel gear unit is structured, how it functions and how it transmits forces.
This teaching aid is ideal for use in education and further training, including in vocational schools, technical and specialist colleges, universities and company training establishments:
- It facilitates understanding of the machine elements
- The theory behind the gear unit is presented in a practical, comprehensible manner, thus making it more easily understandable
- The assembly or disassembly of the gear units can be easily repeated any number of times without the need for expensive pressing tools
Better qualified for exacting technical requirements
When it comes to the transmission of torques and speeds, gear units are the perfect solution. This makes them an indispensable part of electrical and mechatronic drive units. One important aspect in this regard is the change in direction of rotation. Specialists must therefore acquire comprehensive knowledge of the structure and configuration of the various components that make up a gear unit. Only then will they we able to perform all relevant activities in the area of drive technology, ranging from project planning to implementation and maintenance.
In this context, energy efficiency is just one of the trends presenting new challenges. However, this also provides specialists with opportunities for higher qualification. With our comprehensive didactics program for drive technology and our long-standing expertise, teachers and instructors will be well equipped to cover these topics of the future.
Alternative design as base cabinet
Compared to the case system, the base cabinet version offers the following benefits:
- The kit now fits under workbenches
- It features lockable drawers for components and tools
- It provides a separate work surface / workspace
- The edge protection prevents shafts from rolling off
We will be happy to advise you on your needs
- With our extensive experience in education and training
- On-site with our didactics specialists
- With the optimum teaching aid and modules
Long service lifeAll components are protected against corrosion with high-quality coatings and are partially also available in stainless steel
Simple handlingThe helical-bevel gear units can be easily assembled and disassembled using standard tools
Quick preparationAll components, tools and accessories are clearly arranged and assembly/disassembly instructions are also provided
Easy expansionRapid availability of all necessary tools and supplementary accessories
Gear unit parts
Small gear unit parts set:
- Spacer tubes
- Retaining rings
- Supporting rings
- Breather valve
Gearing components, rolling bearings, shaft set:
- Output shaft
- Gear wheels
- Bevel gear
- Rolling bearing
- Pinion shafts
- Bevel pinion shaft
Mounting accessories set:
- Joining tool
- Assembly sleeve
- Gear unit cover with gasket
- Closing caps
- Oil seals
- Assembly device
Housing, adapter, crank set:
- Gear unit housing
- Hand crank
- Motor adapter
Characteristics and technical data
- Near-series design, gear unit designation: K47AD2
- Gear ratio i = 35.39
- Gear unit with input shaft assembly
- Assembly and disassembly possible with standard industrial tools
- Thanks to a revised fit, no removal or pressing tools are required for assembly
- Components such as gear wheels, pinion shafts, and tapered roller bearings are protected against corrosion
- Integrated in a robust plastic case of the type TANOS (T-Loc)
- The basic dimensions of the case correspond to Euro pallet standard, thus enabling stacking
- The gear unit model is intended solely for educational use
Practical laboratory tutorials
- Determination of gear ratio and torques for a gear unit with fixed speed
- Adjustment of the bevel gearing
- Interplay of the machine elements in a gear unit (shaft-hub connection)
- Planning of preventative maintenance work according to parts list or individual components
- Assembly-oriented construction
- Safe handling of assembly tools and aids
Accessories and spare part packages
Using the correct tools ensures safe assembly and disassembly of your gear unit kits.
Further information available on request
Take it easy: With this dolly, you will have no problem moving and handling the large gear unit kit cases. Why not order it at the same time?
Further information available on request
Spare part packages
Comprehensive spare part packages are available for your gear unit technology didactics modules.
Further information on request.
Cut-away model helical-bevel gear unit
Bring your theory to life. Our cut-away model shows how the internal components of a helical-bevel gear unit interact and how a gear unit works.
By means of a handwheel on the cut-away models, we aim to demonstrate the interplay between different gearing as well as the resulting flow of forces (90° right-angle gear unit) and gear ratios.
Every cut-away model features a nameplate showing the most important data, which can be used to perform calculations, such as of gear ratios and speeds.
As an option, the cut-away models can be securely stored in TANOS (T-Loc) case systems.
The gear unit models have been designed solely for educational use.
Areas of application
The kit and helical-bevel gear unit cut-away model are suitable for use in education and further training at
- Vocational schools
- Technical schools
- Specialist schools
- Company training establishments