In many drive technology applications, integrated brakes are used to ensure that the motors and gearmotors can be stopped quickly and safely. This applies to machine tools, conveyor systems, winches, cranes as well as lifting mechanisms for elevators, theater stages and gate drives. The DRS.. didactics brakemotor assembly provides future specialists with the opportunity to learn how such a mechanical brake functions on a real motor.
Industry-standard AC asynchronous motor with brake and encoder for flexible learning
This didactics module can be used to impart a wide range of training content: Future specialists can learn and test everything from simple positioning to drive regulation and brake control in a fun and flexible manner.
Depending on the drive design, you can order the asynchronous brakemotor with different encoder systems. And, depending on the encoder, it can then be operated and positioned either on a MOVIDRIVE® frequency inverter ( MDX didactics module) or on a MOVITRAC® frequency inverter ( MCB didactics module).
The brake is controlled via a BMK didactics brake control module, which must be connected first. For this purpose, we have revised the terminal box cover of the DRS.. brakemotor assembly such that you can wire the drive simply, safely and easily with 4 mm safety sockets. This allows you to release and operate the brake via a frequency inverter or manually.
A particular highlight of the motor assembly is its modular construction. The module can also be easily transported since it is bolted to an aluminum plate and equipped with two handles. This enables flexible setup in the individual learning environment.
When not in use, the drive can be safely stored in case systems (TANOS T-Loc).
We will be happy to advise you on your needs
- With our extensive experience in education and training
- On-site with our didactics specialists
- With the optimum teaching aid and modules
Learn with practical relevanceThanks to a tried-and-tested standard motor from our drive technology range
Flexible learningThanks to the compact construction with handles, thus enabling simple transportation and modular deployment of your motor assembly
Learn in safetyThanks to the 4 mm safety contact sockets/connectors commonly used in labs and protection of active components against contact
Components and technical data
- AC asynchronous motor type DRS71S4BE
- Nominal power 0.37 kW
- Voltage 230 V / 400 V
- Insulation class F
- temperature sensor
- EI7C built-in encoder (optional), various add-on encoders, e.g. ES7S (optional)
- Brake, e.g. BE05 230 V / 5 Nm
- Stability due to suitable base plate
- Easy and safe handling
- Flywheel mounted on the input shaft is covered to prevent injury
Practical laboratory tutorials
- Connection of an AC asynchronous motor (star/delta and brake control)
- Positioning using various encoder systems, with different frequency inverters
- Startup of the asynchronous motor directly on the grid or on the frequency inverter
- Compatible with various didactics products, such as the MLD module, MSS module or SDU module
Areas of application
The didactics module can be used both in industrial/technical training and in technical high schools. It is particularly suitable for the training of
- Electronics specialists (MT, EBT, EMA, EAT, EGS)
- Master automation technicians
- Master electrical engineers
- Master mechatronics technicians