Servo drive technology stands for high speeds, impressive acceleration and exact positioning. When it comes to stopping such highly dynamic synchronous servomotors in emergencies, suitable motor brakes are indispensable. It is also essential for future specialists, who will be operating systems using this drive technology, to learn about the function and operation of brakemotors. Our industry-oriented CMP.. brakemotor assembly module provides a quick and simple means of imparting this knowledge.
Experience the high precision and dynamic performance of a synchronous servomotor, in a safe and educational format
With the CMP.. brakemotor assembly, you can learn about the high precision and dynamics of a synchronous motor. For this purpose, the drive is equipped with a temperature sensor, brake and encoder – just as it is in practical application.
You can thus experience first-hand how to start up a synchronous servomotor and what you have to take into account when adjusting the controller. The teaching aid also shows you that you must first connect the brake correctly before you can operate the motor.
The CMP.. didactics brakemotor assembly provides future electronics and automation specialists with practical, first-hand experience of dynamic drives. It shows the impressive precision that a synchronous servomotor works with despite its high speeds and also how accurately it positions.
- To operate the CMP.. brakemotor assembly, you require the BMV module in order to open the motor brake.
We will be happy to advise you on your needs
- With our extensive experience in education and training
- On-site with our didactics specialists
- With the optimum teaching aid and modules
Learn with practical relevanceThanks to a tried-and-tested standard motor from our drive technology range
Flexible learningThanks to the compact construction with handles, thus enabling simple transportation and modular deployment of your motor assembly
Learn in safetyThe connector and flywheel are protected against contact
Components and technical data
- AC synchronous motor with brake (servomotor) of the type CMP50M/BK
- Nominal torque 2.4 Nm
- Voltage 400 V
- Current max. 9.60 A
- Insulation class F
- Brake voltage 24 V
- Braking torque 4.3 Nm
- Power and brake connections with shielded cables and 4 mm lab plugs
- Motor encoder connection via M23 connector (standard industrial connector)
- Highly stable thanks to aluminum base plate with rubber feet
- Covered flywheel to prevent injury
Practical laboratory tutorials
- Connection of a CMP.. synchronous servo brakemotor assembly on a frequency inverter and brake control
- Positioning via an encoder system on a frequency inverter
- Startup of the CMP.. synchronous servo brakemotor assembly on a frequency inverter
Areas of application
The didactics module can be used both in industrial/technical training and in technical high schools. It is particularly suitable for the training of
- Electronics specialists (MT, EBT, EMA, EAT, EGS)
- Master automation technicians
- Master electrical engineers
- Master mechatronics technicians